19 October 2007

Just another Junction

It has been a busy and stressful month. Lots of important things need to be done while juggling many equally important decisions to made. At the same time, I am also excited by the many major things happening soon.

I'm coming to another junction in life. Faced with many uncertainty and tough decisions. There are many roads lie ahead of me; some I prefer to travel, some I love to travel, some I hope I could travel while some I might have to travel.

Despite all these mixed feelings, I thank God for the re-assurance that He is there with me. The sermon on Sunday was about the pleasures and pains of leadership, drawing from the example of Joseph. I am reminded of the importance of God's presence in whatever circumstances. It has been a comfort to know that when God's presence is with us, things will eventually fall into place and success will be with us, even though our surroundings and the process might not be as we expected.

The quiet time with God for the past 2 days had also been encouraging, looking at the life of Daniel, who has also found much success in life through God's providence and guidance. Daniel reminded me of the perseverance and steadfastly standing firm on God's principles when things around us were not smooth-sailing.

Well, this junction is just another junction in life. The process is important but let me be reminded that the goal is even more important. For all I know, God is still there with me and nothing better could I ask for, just as describe by the chorus of the song "Still".

When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with You above the storm,
Father, You are King over the flood,
I will be still and know You are God.
Still, by Hillsong

No comments: