1 January 2009

2008 - The Year That Was

2008 was certainly one of the memorable year. Lots of sweet memories as well as bitter experiences that had shaped and cherished the year, all playing the important role in spicing up my life. Indeed, 2008 marked another year of God's abundance providence, guidance and blessings.

Among the notable memories and experiences:
1) Two become "Wan" - the day when ZL and I made the commitment to love and cherish each other, before God, family and friends, till death do us part.

2) Penang to Oxford - the miraculous journey that led me to Oxford, where Jehovah Jireh provided everything according to His plan.

3) More-than-perfect Job - got the ideal job to prepare me intellectually for the Oxford journey and more important, enabled me to work and learn from three respectable Professors as well as some wonderful colleagues. They had unselfishly taught me many great lessons. Moreover, the job is awaiting my return in 2011 with more challenge and excitement.

4) Sickness - Never had I experienced more pain and fear in 2008 than all the years before this. For the very first time, I was admitted into a hospital, did 3 X-Rays, 2 MRIs, 1 CT-Scan and 4 blood tests, walked with clutches and sat in a wheelchair, all within the memorable 2008. But the grace of God, the love of my wife, the concern of my family and the support of friends carried me through these tumultuous months.

5) Many more uncountable experiences.

For the year 2008, all praise be unto God for the year that it was.

No comments: