7 February 2007

Condolences

Tonight, everything around the house (I rented a room) was quiet. I came back after dinner thinking no one is at home. I closed the door in my room and waited for ZL to come online. Sadly, she has to stayed back to finish off her assignment in office.

Then I was engaging in some online discussion with a friend from BB. Things were getting pretty bored as I was doing some reading for tomorrow's module while chatting online. Then I realise my landlady's son, BC, came back. While taking a break, I went out and said hi to him. After that, I went back to the computer and started to feel like writing some sort of farewell note of my BB ministry.

Just as I was about to logged on into the blogspot webpage, BC suddenly opened my door without knocking and called for help. Immediately, I rushed out of my room and saw the landlady lying there motionless. I then asked him to try to wake her up and I telephoned the ambulance. After calling the ambulance, I went to join BC trying to wake her up. I felt so helpless at that point, knowing I could do something like CPR but I simply lost the courage. Closer observation could see my landlady's face was already darken and the body was already stiff.

The ambulance arrived and pronounced the bad news. Then the police came and recorded statement from both me and BC. Then we waited for the relatives and doctor to come.

At that moment, I felt life was so fragile. I could felt the pain of BC losing his mother. I felt so helpless that I could not do anything to help or even comfort him. After much ordeal, my landlady was carried away from the house for the very last time.

Despite of all this incident, I hoped my landlady has accepted Christ as she was attending church but yet to be baptised. At least it was a great comfort knowing that she have heard of the good news and proclaimed herself as Christian.

I take this opportunity to express my condolences for the family.

"Dear Lord, may You bless the soul of Mdm L. Although she has yet to be baptised, nevertheless it was a comfort to hear that she has proclaimed herself being a Christian. May Your grace and comfort be with the family as they struggle silently within their heart for the lost of their loved ones, especially BC. Grant them the strength and courage in moments of sadness. May Your blessing be with them and ministered to them, especially those who have yet to accept your salvation. I commit their family into Your hands. Amen."

1 comment:

WW said...

My condolences are with you in this time of need. You, my friend, as are other members of your family, in my prayers.

However, it is unfortunate that you hold your prayer and condolences hostage to the deceased being baptized. Life has more to offer than the inanimate dogma of practices. God bless.