11 July 2008

Which is More Important?

This is just one small little question that I could not understand. I was watching the news about the request to debate about motion of no confidence for the Prime Minister. The Opposition head informed the press that the request has been submitted to the Office of the Parliamentary Speaker.

Here comes the irony. When the Speaker was asked whether will the request be accepted or rejected, he answered that he has yet to make any decision about it. He further added that now he just want to go back to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and see his animals (cows and goats were mentioned). He said, "I'm a Kampung boy and I want to go back and see my animals first. Then I'll decide."

Is the debate about the country's leadership not as important as the animals in Kota Kinabalu? Which is more important?

No comments: