21 October 2006

First Blessing

What inspired me to start counting God's blessing? Well, I was sitting on the evening of 21 Oct 2006, feeling tired of studies, lonely and sad. As I was browsing through some old photographs, I felt so touched by how God has provided all the needs and guided me throughout these 24 years.

It was always easy for us to give thanks and count God's blessing in times of joy. Usually these sweet memories will last long and be cherished. However, as times past, we tend to remember the wonderful memories without the great appreciation of God's involvement.

On the contrary, when we felt dejected, it was difficult to count God's blessing. We tend to whine, complaint and blame God for putting us through these difficulties. No doubt, I was similar in such situation. I guess it's human's nature. However, after pasting through these torrid times, how many times do we actually looked back and give thanks to God for putting us through times of test and tribulation.

This first sharing of appreciation, with counting God's blessings as the focal of the blog, I have to thank God for making and molding me into the person whom I am. I strongly believe that every incident in life so far, is not mere coincident but was placed with careful and detailed planning of God.

"Thank you God for everything I experienced so far. Thank you for all that You provided, imparted and inspired to build me into what I am today. I acknowledge, You are the Potter and I am the clay. The process is ongoing and I believe, little by little, I will be changed and molded into the perfect person You intended for me to be. Amen."

1 comment:

discordant dude said...

Hey Chang Da! Good to hear from you again... cool, you've started a blog. I'll be linking you soon, hope to hear more of "blessings" and "encounters" in Singapore. Cheers!