24 October 2006

Second Blessing

What is my second blessing?

Well, I did not really appreciate it when I was growing up. I often took advantage of it. Just take whatever good from this blessing without even thinking of what have I contributed to make it into a better blessing.

I started to appreciate it the first time this blessing was taken away from me briefly, for mere 25 days. I seriously missed it, wept about it and very much wanted to gain it back as soon as possible as well as began to think of its importance to me. Although after regaining it again, I tend to forget its importance to me again.

Then in May 2002, this blessing was taken away from me. Occasionally I was given a taste of it for short period of time. Since 2002, the longest period of enjoying this blessing again was three months. Despite the fact that I could only enjoy this blessing occasionally and for short period of time, I have really learnt to appreciate it and thanking God every moment of it.

My second blessing was FAMILY!

Now being further apart from it, I thanked God for all the wonderful experiences He placed in my family. There were times of argument, disagreement, strife, quarrel, selfishness, self-centeredness; yet God was gracious to continue blessing me with a family.

As I am now in Singapore, my sister in Kuala Lumpur and my parents back home in Penang; I thanked God for it because although we were all apart physically, all of us know confidently that God stills connect us all through Him. What a blessing!

"Thank you God for family in playing the most significant part of development in my life. Thank you for all the past experiences, both good and bad. Help us to cherish all wonderful moments. Help us to love and contribute more to improve the shortcomings and weaknesses. God, continue to shower Your blessings on my family with good health and long lives. Amen."

No comments: