23 October 2008

Finally.....I arrived

It has been such a painful delay. It really puts my perseverance to the ultimate test. I guess God just wants to test me out and prepared me for the three years to come.

Reflecting back, to be able to finally arrive in Oxford is another big manifestation of God's miracle. I would now think that if getting an offer for doctoral studies and fellowship to finance the three years was remarkable experience of tasting God's providence, then the painful experience of bedridden for 2 weeks and being able to walk again 2 weeks after that was truly God's grace.

During the painful period of sickness, I have at times given up hope of making it this year. Much thoughts have been given to deferring the course to the following intake. However, reflecting back, it seems like the plan is still for me to do it this year and I believe this incident was truly a learning experience in testing my perseverance, which I believe should come in handy for the next three years and after.

Yes, finally I have arrived in Oxford.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey CD, sorry to hear about your ordeal. Was really looking forward to receiving you (and your wife!) in Spore but i'm sure there will be a next time! Do update ur blog more regularly if u can! Take good care meantime. wp

smich said...

u were bedridden?? wat happened???